Manage episode 300739935 series 2686802
Dhiraj Sharan, CEO and founder of Query.AI, joins me this week on Cloud Native Startup.
With a career that spans over 20 years in cybersecurity, Dhiraj has seen the swift adoption of multi-cloud environments and SaaS apps. In this episode, Dhiraj discusses the importance of evolving your product as the world changes and why you should ask yourself, “How can I be innovative for the next layer?” Dhiraj also gives his younger self advice on the cybersecurity game of chess and much more.
- What led Dhiraj to pursue Query.AI? (0:23)
- Dhiraj shares ideas that he ultimately didn’t pursue (3:52)
- The importance of evolving and the layers of innovation. (5:30)
- The difference between being a founder and being an early employee. (8:52)
- Advice Dhiraj would give himself if he could go back 20 years. (10:19)
- Dhiraj’s advice on building a company. (11:52)
- Security team budgets and creating an ROI calculator. (13:11)
- Query.AI’s “unique” struggle. (18:47)
- CSO’s general response to Query.AI. (20:03)
- Dhiraj reflects on lessons learned and the importance of understanding your customer. (21:48)
- Dhiraj on the entrepreneur in everyone. (23:32)