Manage episode 300723502 series 30937
For the last bonus episode of Season 10, we’ve pulled a great episode out of the archives for you in which Dan Goldenberg, Executive Director for Call of Duty Endowment and Vice President at Activision Blizzard talks all about their Halo-Award-winning effort HireHonor.
Celebrating 10 years of successful partnership, Activision and the Call of Duty Endowment started 2019 with a unified goal: raise $4.5 million in 2019, to help place 10,000 veterans into high-quality jobs in 2020. In collaboration with the Endowment, Activision leveraged its world-class marketing and creative departments to create #HireHonor, a 360-degree campaign that coincided with the launch of 2019’s biggest console game, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
In this episode, Megan and Dan talk about this incredibly successful effort to raise funds and awareness for the issue of veteran employment, how the team focused their efforts to do fewer things better, why they chose to expand internationally and how partnerships with gamers, retailers and sponsors helped elevate this initiative.
So buckle up and get ready to dive in! This show was originally released in July of 2020.
Links & Notes
- [CODE on Twitter] (https://www.twitter.com/code4vets)
- [Dan Goldenberg on Twitter] (https://www.twitter.com/dan4vets)
- [CODE on Instagram] (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/code4vets/)
- [CODE on Facebook] (https://www.facebook.com/CallofDutyEndowment/)
- [CODE Website] (https://callofdutyendowment.org/)
- [Halo Award Write-Up] (https://engageforgood.com/halo-award/hire-honor/)