Manage episode 300667987 series 1449934
Courage means different things to different people.
I have known Sonia McDonald for close to seven years. Her personal story has much to do with courage in the face of some pretty hard times and she has been able to rise above it all to forge her own successful path.
Sonia is a global leadership executive coach and advisor, thought leader, dynamic keynote speaker, and award-winning author. She’s also CEO and founder of LeadershipHQ, and McDonald Inc. and through this, she empowers and builds great leaders and leadership across the globe.
Named as one of the Top 250 Influential Women in the world as well as Top 100 Australian Entrepreneurs by Richtopia and is internationally recognized as an expert in leadership and strategy, organizational development, workplace diversity, and the neuroscience of leadership.
She has more than 25 years experience in human resource management, leadership, and organizational development and has held leadership positions around the world.
Sonia has written several books on leadership: Leadership Attitude, Just Rock It! and First Comes Courage, and she writes regularly for publications such as The Australian, HRD Magazine, Smart Healthy Women, and Women’s Business Media. She has been published in BBC Capital, The Australian, HRD Magazine, Business Insider, and Smart Company.
Hear from Sonia on:
- Why her book ‘First Comes Courage’ is based on the idea the world is crying out for kind and courageous leadership. How can more of us find these quickest ways to develop, nurture and grow courage within us and our teams or peers?
- Does it take having a hard or bad experience to make us be more kind as well as courageous – why or why not?
- When was a time that you saw a leader change from an old pattern of behavior to real courage and that inspired you?
- Power seems to be left to those who have earned it already. Explain your experience of guiding younger people to be courageous?
- Take away: What is your final thought or message for us on The Politics of Courage?
To connect with Sonia:
LinkedIn: (5) Sonia McDonald | LinkedIn